Scout Recycling Centres operate as a fundraising entity of Scouts SA, one of the largest youth organisations in South Australia, with over 4000 Youth Members, and 1500 Adult Members. We facilitate an exciting, adventurous program that appeals to young people, while maintaining excellent relationships with our members, the South Australian community and our valued staff.
Opportunities exist at our Salisbury Scout Recycling Centre for a Depot Supervisor and our Green Fields Recycling Centre for a Depot Manager.
Working with and supervising a team of Recycling Attendants you will be responsible for;
- Greet and direct customers as they enter the driveway
- Assist in unloading recycling items from customer vehicles in a safe manner
- Count redeemable drink containers to accurately calculate the customer’s refund
- Process recycled materials received at the depot
- Docket preparation for customer to cashier
- Sort redeemable drink containers according to type, either in the driveway or at the conveyor belt
- Assist in maintaining an orderly driveway, free from broken glass, boxes crates or any other debris
- Assist with the loading and unloading of trucks
Forklift Operation (Forklift Driver’s Certificate holders only)
- Operate forklift to transport recyclables within the depot
- Maintain valid driver’s license & current high-risk forklift licence
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts at Goodlife Health Clubs
- Staff discounts at Woodhouse Activity Centre, Exurbia and Annapurna Outdoor Shop
- Comprehensive training across processes and systems
- Working with a not-for-profit that supports young people in South Australia
- Contribute to recycling, resource recovery by limiting our environmental impact and creating a more sustainable future!
- Stable employer
Scouts SA is a diverse South Australian employer, with commercial operations including retail, recycling depots in both South Australia & Queensland and adventure activities in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia. These commercial businesses help fund Scouting for young people across the state.
Apply now! Applications should include a current resume with current referees.
Our workplace reflects the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences and abilities.