Please note that by submitting this application you are expressing your interest in job vacancies with Scout Recycling Centres in the position of Truck Driver as they arise. You will be notified when a suitable position becomes available.
Scouts SA has exciting opportunities with our team at Scout Recycling. Our Truck Drivers are responsible for providing high level service to our Scout Recycling Centre commercial customers, through the collection of recyclables from our customer’s premises and delivery of those goods to an SRC Depot or other scrap yards.
This position would suit you if you have experience in operating trucks, you’re positive and highly professional, and have a current truck driving licence.
In general, you’ll:
- secure loads and operate Scouts SA trucks,
- engage politely and efficiently with customers,
- assist in unloading vehicles, ensuring staff and customer safety at all times,
- follow pre-set ‘run sheets’ and adhere to Australian Road Laws.
- experience in operating trucks,
- the ability to work autonomously, and as a member of a team,
- Good communication skills and great customer service skills,
- Forklift Drivers Certification (desirable but not required)
The benefits of working for Scouts SA include:
- a flexible working environment, with both Office or Hybrid options available for this position,
- staff discounts at Woodhouse Activity Centre, Exurbia and Annapurna Outdoor Shop,
- 20% off full-priced Goodlife Health Club memberships,
- and opportunities for professional development and cross-departmental experiences.
Scouts SA is a diverse South Australian employer, with commercial operations including retail, recycling depots in both South Australia and Queensland and Adventure Activities in the Adelaide Hills. These commercial businesses help fund Scouting for young people across the state.