|Support fun, challenging, adventurous and inclusive programs which enable youth members to achieve in the Scouts Australia Youth Program.||• Continue to provide programs which support youth members to develop their social, physical, intellectual, character, emotional and spiritual skills through the Scout Method.|
• Support programs which enable youth members to be at peak award level for core outdoor adventure skill (OAS) when they transition into the next Section. (Namely; Joey Scouts at Stage 1, Cub Scouts at Stage 3 and Scouts at Stage 5.)
• Facilitate long term planning for outdoor adventure skills (OAS) to support peak award achievement and major event attendance.
• Continue to support the roll-out of Scouts | Terrain with targeted emails to new families and quarterly information sessions.
• Embed a dedicated Scouts | Terrain adult member within each Section to support youth to complete reviews within the software.
|Provide value for money programs for youth members and families.||• Continue to focus on value when programming. |
Review fee and fundraising structure annually with membership.
• Support as many families as possible to be involved in Scouting with the advertisement of State Government Sports Voucher Program, facilitation of payment plans and Scouts SA financial support.
|Grow leadership teams to continue to facilitate quality programs for our youth members.||• Organise Leader Recruitment sessions.|
• Promote the advantages of volunteering within Scouting.
• Promote soft pathways into volunteering.
|Promote awareness and engagement of families.||• Develop up to date welcome packs and supporting documents. |
• Continue to use a variety of media types to communicate to families.
• Continue to collect images and photographs to use in promotion.
• Recruit and support a Membership Officer to update MyScout data with Operoo data to ensure communication is going to current email address of parents/caregivers.
|Provide a safe and socially inclusive environment for all youth members.||• Flexibility in programming around individual youth needs. |
• Programs to be planned so they are socially inclusive for all youth members – including Section times and sizes.
• Support Leaders to participate in relevant training and development.
• Continue to grow youth member self-governance within Sections, facilitated by the Unit Council.
• Continue to support annual reviews of Section Unit Codes by Unit Councils.
• Continue to support “youth leading, adult supporting” within Sections.
• Support youth members to attend leadership courses.
|Strengthen ties with local businesses and other community groups.||• Make contact with local business and other community groups to establish relationships. |
• Broaden some family events to include the local community.
|Provide quality resources and facilities required to support members to participate in the Scouts Australia Youth Program.||• Undertake internal and external hall improvement projects. |
• Utilise the resources we currently have available in the Group QStore. Where required, budget/fundraise for new items.
• Recruit and support a Quartermaster to organise and maintain the QStore.
• Use the skills of adults in the group to support the development of new group resources.
Timeframe: March 2023 to March 2025
For Review: 2025 Family Camp
Facebook and Instagram are fantastic ways to promote Scouting. Please enjoy their use by posting photos and stories about the great activities you are doing in Scouts.