Scouts SA is a South Australian not-for-profit organisation, with local and national impact. We inspire young people to learn new ways to build resilience, friendships and a taste for adventure. We do this by managing a diverse portfolio of businesses, which includes recycling in both South Australia and Queensland, retail, and activity centres and campsites in the Adelaide Hills and Riverland regions.
Our culture encourages teamwork in a fun environment. You’ll join a passionate team driven by our dedication to creating a positive impact within our community.
About the role
We have numerous casual positions available in our Recycling Depots across the Northern Adelaide region.
- Greet and direct customers as they enter the Depots
- Assist in unloading recyclable items from customer vehicles in a safe and professional manner
- Count redeemable drink containers to accurately calculate the customer’s refund
- Process recycled materials received at the depot
- Sort redeemable drink containers according to type, either in the driveway or at the conveyor belt
- Assist in maintaining an orderly driveway, free from broken glass, boxes crates or any other debris
- Forklift Operation
- Available across weekends and weekdays
- Reliable and willing to work
- Ability to accurately count high volumes
- Forklift licence – preferred but not essential
- National Police Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- 20% off Goodlife Gyms
- 30% off Scouts SA Campsites & Woodhouse Activity Centre
- 20% off at Exurbia Retail
Our workplace reflects the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences and abilities.