• Decide what you’re going to do
• Decide who’s going to lead and who’s going to do other jobs
• Work out what is needed
• Find out what skills you need
• Make some plans
• Use experts, like your Leaders, to help you
• Ensure everyone is involved
• Test out new skills
• Follow your plan, but it’s ok to change it if you need to
• Have fun
• Work as a team
• At the end of an activity, take a moment to review it
• Ask good questions of each other
• What did you hear, see, notice and enjoy about your adventure?
• What didn’t go to plan?
• What would you do differently next time?
• Talk about your achievements
• Thank everyone who participated
Never forget to do a review! It is important to find out from everyone how they went and what they learned.
Sometimes, the process of Plan>Do>Review> isn’t always a linear process. It may be that the nature of the activity you are embarking on requires you to revisit the planning stage multiple times. Perhaps when you go to do the activity, you find that it just isn’t working and you need to do a mini-review with those involved, before going back to the planning stage and having another go.
Plan>Do>Review> should be thought of as a flexible process. Use it to your advantage, the way that works best for you, your team, and your adventure.
Have you noticed how Plan>Do>Review> always has an arrow at the end? This means that you are ready to have another go! You could do the same activity again. Or, you might have learned some great new ideas to use in the future.
Update: Smaller packages of resources have been made available for download
Facebook and Instagram are fantastic ways to promote Scouting. Please enjoy their use by posting photos and stories about the great activities you are doing in Scouts.
This site is made available by Scout Association of Australia, South Australian Branch Incorporated [ABN 35 621 021 366] and is referred to as Scouts SA, “us”, “we”, “our” in these Terms and Conditions. Your use of this internet site, and the purchase of any goods from us, is subject to these Terms and Conditions. You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions by accessing, browsing, and purchasing from this website.